Embarrassing moments at work are fair game for year-end award ideas - so long as the recipient is in on the joke and has a good sense of humor. There's no humor in needlessly embarrassing someone further. But if the event triggered a new office catch phrase, or the recipient themselves joke about it, by all means use this inspiration for your funny awards ideas.
A recent OfficeTeam Survey Reveals Managers' Most Embarrassing Moments at Work. Some of the more familiar situations included:
- Getting locked in the office,
- Going into the ladies' bathroom by mistake,
- Answering the phone using the wrong company name,
- Sending a job offer to the wrong candidate,
- Wearing bathroom slippers to work while in a rush.