Before the event, line up an emcee to keep the show flowing. If your budget allows, hire a professional comedian to host the awards ceremony. Have the comedian perform a short stand-up set before handing out the Awards. It will be just like having your own Oscar party!
If you don’t want to hire a professional comedian, ask someone who’s personable from the office to handle the duties. Or ask each department head to give out the awards within his or her department.
Awards Show Presentation Tips
- Keep everything, from the opening remarks to the acceptance speeches, short. The event should move along at a crisp pace.
- A customized PowerPoint presentation with the winners’ photos makes a big impact.
- Hook your laptop into the sound system and play music as people come up to accept the awards.
- Get a photographer to take pictures of all the winners as they accept their awards. Everyone loves pictures of themselves!
- Make sure your ceremony isn’t dry and boring by handing out creative and funny awards.
Post a Comment